All About Me

Hello Readers and Fellow Bloggers!

My Name is Olivia and I recently turned twelve this October! As you can see on the map above, I live on Vancouver Island. I have a younger sister and two older ones as well as an older brother. I am in grade six and have Ms. Smith as my teacher this year.

I love anything musical! If you are one of my classmates, you know I love to sing. I do not YET know how to play any instruments, but I am very eager to learn! I have participated in my school’s Christmas concert choir for the past two year and am planning to continue.

I also am a dancer. I take an acrobatics dance class once a week. Dance is a place that I challenge myself and work hard, probably the hardest I work all week. It takes a lot of control and skill. I would have never tried it, but my friend pushed me to sign up!

My mom and I love to decorate. In another life my mom says that she would be an interior decorator. Right now, she is a teacher, like my Dad, and lots of other people in my family.  This Halloween, we went to the dollar store. Bought about 1 million dollars worth of decorations! Then worked on our Halloween costumes and made our are house a fair bit more spooky, but hopefully you will get to hear more about that later. Any ways, my Mom is amazing at that sort of thing, and I loving doing it with her.

I am so excited to start my blog! Hopefully you guess will stick around and you will get to learn more about me and learn some stuff while doing it! Tell me if you guess just have anything in common or if you have something you LOVE doing!

Be amazing!
Olivia

16 thoughts on “All About Me

1. Avery

Hello! I am Avery From Mrs. Kriese’s class in Texas! I loved your blog, I also LOVE acting and dancing! Have you heard of the Lion King? We are doing that show as our school play, I got the part Nala! Is there a choir at your school? If so are you in it? I loved reading your blog and can’t wait to see future blog posts!

If your would like to visit my blog here is the URL http://edublogs.eanesisd.net/avery86052023/
    Goodbye for know!

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hi Avery!
      Thanks for the comment! At our school we have a Christmas Choir but only at Christmas. I am in it every year. Do you just act or also sing? I do know the movie The Lion King. Nala is a really cool part! Best wishes for you and your acting! What genre of dance do you do? I will defiantly go visit your blog. Hope to continue the conversation!

Can’t wait to hear back!
      Olivia

Reply
      1. Avery

Hi Olivia! I also sing! My favorite type of dance is probably ballet, but I do jazz and tap too! In your Christmas choir do you dress up? I am in choir and we have special dresses for concerts. Nice to hear back!
        Goodbye!

Reply
        1. Olivia Post author

Hey Avery,
          That’s super cool that you sing too! Sounds like we have a lot in common. We have a big Christmas concert for the whole school and each class has a different song and each class has different themes to dress up in. And the Christmas choir is there to sing back up for all the classes as they go so every one in the Christmas choir kind of has different thing on! Thanks for replying!
          Olivia

Reply
  2. Kayley

Hey Olivia,
    Just a heads up I will probably call you Livea a few times this year because last year we had a Livea not an Olivia. I can already tell that you are going to be an amazing blogger! It’s good that you are very interested about learning how to play a instrument. I’m really good at the ukulele. I be-dazzled my ukulele by adding lots of sparkles. I would defiantly read a post about your Halloween decorations. It sounds like you put a lot of work in to it! Can’t wait to watch you grow as a blogger! P.S did you have any ideas on what instrument you would want to play?
    Have a wonderful day,
    ~Kayley<3

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hiya Kayley,
      Thanks for the heads up on the name thing! I don’t really care as long as it sounds kind of like my name. Many of my friends call me Live, Olive, Olive-ias, and other things so just pick one you like :)! In high school I think I will join band because it sounds fun. My mom warns me if I have braces at that point not to play the trumpet because of experience of many, many canker soars. So maybe a wood wind instrument. I am not sure yet.
      Have a amazing day!
      Olivia

Reply
  3. Quinn

Hi Olivia
    I learned a lot about you in this post.
    I never knew that you had two older sisters and a older brother.
    Your house might scare off more people than attract people it will be so scary. I cant wait for another post.
    -Quinn

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hey Quinn,
      We don’t really need to worry about scaring of trick or treaters. I live in an area year the house are REALLY far apart and the properties are huge. Last year we only got like 3 trick or treaters, this year we got none at all. Thanks for the comment!
      Olivia

Reply
  4. Gabi

Hi Olivia!
    Awesome post! I always get so confused on how many sisters and brothers you have, so thank you for straightening that out for me.
    First of all, your house is huge! So no wonder you and your Mom like making it look pretty. You always have the coolest centerpieces and they’re always really creative.
    Yes, you are so musical, and so incredibly talented, and I’m really glad you’re taking up dancing, because maybe one day you could try musical theatre dance!
    I do dance like you, and we’re both on the volleyball and cross county teams this year! I’m enjoying it a lot.
    Happy blogging!
    Gabi

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hi Gabi!
      Thank so much, you are super sweet. At my dance studio there is one class called lyrical which is similar to musical theatre dance. I am very interested in joining next year because their is a lot of things that i am learning now that I can apply to lyrical if do choose to do that. I have been have lots of fun with you on cross country and volley ball too! Thanks Again!
      Olivia

Reply
  5. Briana

Hi Olivia,
    This post is really well written and I learn some things I didn’t know about you. I didn’t know you had brother or two older sisters I only knew about one older sister and your younger one. I only have one sibling my brother who is 14. I think its cool that your friend wanted you to do dance. I used to do ballet when I was around 4-5 and hip hop when I was 9-10. but now I just do gymnastic. I hope you have a great day. Come visit my blog http://brianaz12.edublogs.org/ bye.
    -Briana

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hey Briana!
      Thanks for commenting. A Lot of people don’t know that I have older siblings. One of my older sister lives here in the Comox Valley and my other 2 older siblings live Edmonton Alberta. My younger sister did ballet too when she was younger.I am glad that you do gymnastics now because you are really good at it! Have a great day!
      Olivia

Reply
  6. Morgan

Hi Olivia!
    I think its cool that you take acrobatic dance lessons!
    I saw lots of interesting information on your about me post.
    Do you have fun doing your dance lessons?
    I’ve been in Christmas choir since grade.5 too.
    Hope i see you at Christmas choir!
    Sincerely ,Morgan.

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hi Morgan!
      I love doing dance! Its hard, but it is really fun! I hope to see you at the Christmas concert too. You do gymnastics right? Can’t wait to see your blog!
      Sincerely,
      Olivia

Reply
  7. Jack

Hello Olivia,

I had a wonderful time learning about the things you like to do and your personalty. I had no idea that you danced! One thing I can not do is dance, I am the worst at it. But I do play a lot of soccer, like a lot of soccer. Last year I only got one day off. I also didn’t know that you liked to sing! I can not sing because ever time I voice crack.

Have a wonderful day!!

Jack

Reply
    1. Olivia Post author

Hey Jack,
      Thanks for the comment! Ya, I do dance. The type of dance I do isn’t really dance though. Its kind of gymnastic but different. When it comes to like actual dance I as suck. I look like I am trying to stop myself from falling on my face. It’s just bad. Not everyone can sing so don’t feel bad, but most people over exaggerate on how ‘bad’ the are. So I am sure that you sing just fine.
      Have a great day!
      Olivia

Reply