Hephaestus, GOD OF FIRE!

Hello Readers,

Yes, I am back with another Greek Mythology post. If you have read my past post you already know that I am super obsessed with Greek Mythology. In my previous post I wrote about the Goddess Athena. A powerful daughter of Zeus who has not born but emerged fully in armor out of Zeus’ forehead. If you want to check out that post then you can either go to my page “Greek Mythology” or the link if here

When I first read about the God Hephaestus, the god of fire and was a blacksmith, it talked about him being lame. I thought, hey, that’s mean. But then I realized that it meant he had a bad leg. Hephaestus was born with a disabled leg and was uglier than any of the other gods. His mother Hera thought him imperfect and through him in the sea to die. Lucky for Hephaestus he was rescued by a group of sea nymphs. But he was never welcome on Mount Olympus with the other gods.

Hephaestus then decide to take action, punish his mother, and get on Mount Olympus. Hephaestus used his amazing metal working skills to build Hera a gorgeous gold throne. What Hera and the other gods didn’t know is that the throne was cursed. When Hera sat on the throne, she wasn’t able to get up.

Once Hera was stuck the other gods begged and begged for Hephaestus to let her go. He was even offered a place on Mount Olympus. But Hephaestus refused. Dionysus the god of wine, tried to convince him and then he finally agreed. But when Hephaestus got to Mount Olympus he still wouldn’t release Hera. He would only let his mother free of the throne if he got to marry Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty. So there you go, that how the ugliest god and most beautiful goddess ended up getting married.

Since Hephaestus was the God of metal working, I think he was overlooked because without him none if the god/goddess would have any of the weapons. So I think he in a really big part of Greek Mythology and his role his very important.

By the way I got all my information from this site here. http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/greek-god-hephaestus.html